Why do half of the Real Estate Transactions in the Secondary Market don’t go through
Resale transactions are more paperwork and process oriented than the New Home Sales.
Here is a checklist of how to manage a Resale transaction:
1. Evaluate your capital gains.
2. See the date of your stamp duty, if it’s before 12th December 1985 then you don’t need to have the same Stamp Duty paid.
3. Check your Original Sale Deed.
4. Check your Share Certificate – both front and back.
5. Electricity bill in the name of the owners
6. Last paid society bill, to know if any dues
7. Any lien or encumbrance on the sale.
8. Valid POA in case sold through next of kin only.